Sunday, November 7, 2010

Nkwichi Staff-hard at work!

Oscar was wondering if we actually get any work done here on squeaky sand land so I thought I would share a few candid pics of our hardworking staff!

Here are Maaike and Joseph planning their next village visit!



Or could they be smiling about how the current football tournament scores?? You decide:



And Odin doing accounts (he always has this face when he is doing our barbills)


Vincent prepping for dinner




and this is our volunteer Kristina



Her main jobs are:

entertaining us at meal times
uploading music onto ipods
giving pedicures
updating our facebook statuses
helping Vincent carry firewood

all this she does when she has returned from digging at the farm and overseeing various craft projects in the villages! We love volunteers!

I would love to have uploaded a photo of me hard at work, but I am never able to use hard and work in the same sentence! I can usually be found sitting behind my computer working on my blog or emailing strangers who I will soon meet and become friends with or on the beach having sundowners and being very opinionated about life and what it's all about or entertaining guests with anecdotes of life in China. I can hardly call that work!

Take last week for example which was a blast! I hung out with my 2 new best friends Lily and George. We walked to the Baobab tree and took turns spotting birds. Then we timed ourselves racing around the baobab tree, Odin was there too but his time was not the best. That night we played "duck duck goose" on the beach which was hilarious because Jaime (our Portuguese waiter) kept translating everything into portuguese so "duck duck goose" became "ganso do pato do pato." Jaime is so strong and fast he won every time. Then the next day we were all swimming and playing "shark" which should have been "croc" that was fun and refreshing too for the water felt soo cool and refreshing against the hot sun. When lily left she gave me this picture of a...



I am hoping its a puppy and not in fact a likeness of me! We miss you Lily and George! Thanks for making us enjoy playing like kids again!

No comments: