Saturday, October 9, 2010

where only the loud mouths get fed!



I have made friends with this lovely family of 5 who live above the door of our office. The kids are still quite young so they do not talk so much but the mother is always chattering especially when she is trying to get to the nest and she thinks I am in the way. I worry sick every day for the altricial babies thinking I will find them splattered on the floor having suffered a terrible fall. Watching the mom she is quite diligent flying more than 50 times back and forth all day collecting tiny morsels for them to eat. I wonder if she keeps a system on who needs to be fed next. It seems who ever opens their mouth wide enough and makes the most noise gets fed. So far they are all thriving although I haven’t heard a peep from them today and am afraid to look. I am afraid the sun has finally won today and they have been cooked in the heat…we’ll see. Or maybe I should just have my own children and not worry about other people's kids.




Mosque Swallow

Cecropis senegalensis

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Just been to check on them..they are gone, I am devastated:(