Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Some of my friends are animals-3



This is another of my friends. I like to call him "Night" for obvious reasons. he is usually found flying within my mosquito net that covers my bed (its large enough for both of us) and for sleeping he prefers the toilet window which is always open so he can hang there and feel like he is in the bush, but he knows he isn't. He is a fruit bat so he is quite harmless and kind of cute I think. I like to call these animals my friends because they choose to come to me and I have no claim on them whatsoever. Bats are quite fury with rubbery wings, mostly blind the "see" and communicate through
echolocation, an ingenious way of using sound waves, could be a life changing answer for blind people, finding a way to harness and utilize this tool in humans.

No comments: