Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Typical day in the bush

Life in the bush is quite unpredictable. Sometimes I wake up to see this in my front yard


Most probably done by these guys



because the crocodile was trying to steal this from them


but it's all good because it now means these guys can have breakfast


while I head to over to mine ...at an undisclosed but incredibly romantic location


Nothing like a bloody Mary to restart the engine...


After breakfast I like to watch birds fishing


doing their thing


but I may go on a game drive to watch these


and these


then have a quick snooze here


at 4pm or "1600hrs" as they say around here I will go on a game drive


We usually run into ellies


Zebras


and my favorite giraffes



When the sun is going down


We will stop for sundowners


then heading home we'll be lucky if we run into him


him


or him (a bit blurry but that's leopard alright)


We'll get back in time for candle lit dinner


with Oscar


which might feature this


or this


after dinner, I'll catch a bit of WC football with the guys before heading to bed

and that's how we roll in the bush!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

this is the life.....it's like living in a National Geographic programme....hehehheh

Unknown said...

heheh! i should sell rights to my life!