Friday, June 4, 2010

Bush-ism 2- With friends like these

weavers are gregarious and communal, chatty and highly strung I believe

I have lived a fairly gregarious life. I have a friend for every occasion, a wardrobe of colorful frocks and accessories. At times I do enjoy my company but before long I become restless, chatty and want to touch someone, listen, laugh, cry and have that human connection that is malleable to different forms. In the bush, I have my thoughts which I am struggling with. Its hard to present a criticism on oneself without feedback or someone to point out the biases. With others life is always active and vocal, more tactile.

I am learning to be with me, and so far we are a gloomy pair. I find her needy, full of fear and generally moody. She is afraid of being alone and I am afraid to know this about her for I can't do much about it and I don't like that she is so vulnerable so sensitive to this need of not being alone. She wants to be heard, to be debated with, to be looked at, to be touched, to be understood, to be selfish, jealous and wanting and at the same time she wants to be herself though herself seems to have a lot to do with being among others.

I will be a weaver after all, and never be alone with lots of opportunities for want, jealousy and gregarious living. Alive

No comments: