Monday, June 28, 2010

croc and lion- saga continues



Curious Buggers


About 6 am this morning there was tremendous roaring around camp, that woke me up really quick! But I wasn't in the mood to go and investigate, saw enough blood, gore and carnage to last me a lifetime yesterday. About 8:30 the guys called me
"Another crocodile is dead!"
"What? are you lying?"
"Yes, a rion, rion killed it?"
"Was that that noise this morning?"
"Yes, yes"
"Are you lying?"
"Yes, it was a rion exactly." "There is also a baby rion eating the crocodile now."
"Serious??"
"Exactly."

I wasn't going anywhere with the conversation so I went to go look for this "rion" myself and sure enough there are (as I write) 2 crocodiles, one is dead and the other one is nearly dead. The male and a cub are feeding on the first one while the vultures are patiently waiting nearby.


Bush Breakfast



Victim # 2

No comments: